If you are someone who’s familiar with video gaming, you might have noticed Fortnite globe symbol next to name. Fortnite Battle Royale is a wildly successful and popular free game, so even the littlest thing about it sometimes makes people curious. Learn about what the symbol actually means in the following.
What Globe Icon in Fortnite Display Name Means
After the upgrade patch of Fortnite v10.40, a lot of players have noticed about icon next to other players’ names. It could be different icons, such as globe or computer.
The Fortnite globe symbol next to name of the player apparently mean that you are on the same team or squad as the said player. It is displayed on both the Fortnite Battle Royale and the Fortnite Save the World if you aren’t on the friend list of the player.
The icons are unchangeable as it is set automatically. However, if you want to add Fortnite globe symbol next to name of your profile just for fun purpose, there is a possible way of doing it. It can be done through mobile or desktop browser by changing your username and editing your profile.
- Why Can’t I See My Inventory in Fortnite Chapter 2
- Buy VBucks with an Apple iTunes Gift Card
- Gift Battle Pass with VBucks in Chapter 2
- Fortnite Computer Icon Next to Name
- Gift Skins in Fortnite from Your Locker
- Account Level to Play Arena Fortnite
- Fortnite Galaxy Skin Code Generator
- Faze Sway Fortnite Settings & Keybinds
- Faze Sway Controller Settings
How to Change Fortnite Display Name
Now that it is settled that Fortnite globe symbol next to name is actually set automatically, you know it is not added on purpose, but even so, there’s still a way to do it.
Follow the instructional steps below to add Fortnite globe symbol next to name on display:
- To add globe symbol besides name on Fortnite, open on your internet browser on desktop or mobile device.
- Visit Epic Games official website at epicgames.com.
- At the top right of the page, there’s a sign in button next to icon of white figurehead. Click on the button to open a new page for signing in.
- Enter your e-mail address and password used for your Fortnite account. Then click the sign in menu. You’re also able to log in using social media accounts as alternatives.
- Hover your cursor over the username then a drop-down menu will show. Click ‘Account’ menu to reveal the page of your ‘Personal Details’.
- The page will provide and let you view or edit your information – which includes your real name, display name, contact address, and many others.
- Choose ‘Display Name’ field by clicking on the box. Type in your desired username and add globe icon next to display name in Fortnite.
- It’s also possible to input an entirely new name. Click on ‘Retype New Display Name’ menu and then type in your preferred new name.
- Confirm the name information edit by clicking ‘Confirm Display Name’. By confirming this change, you are agreeing that the display name can only be changes once in two weeks.
- Click the confirmation button in red color.
- The last step to add Fortnite globe symbol next to name is to click ‘Save Changes’.
Fortnite is a game that launched back in July, 2017 – since then it has been rising as one of the most known video games ever existed. Now that you know what Fortnite globe symbol next to name means and how to change yours, it is time to knock your opponents in the game and celebrate the upcoming victory!