aka.ms/yourpc – aka.ms/yourpc is a link to an app that will connect your Windows phone to your Windows PC. By connecting your phone to your computer, you will be able to access your phone features, such as your messages, photo gallery, notifications, apps, and other features. You can also manage your phone right away from your computer.
The link of aka.ms/yourpc will give you the ability to mirror everything from your phone. You can also do this on android devices.
This article will explore the instructions on how to link your phone and how to use the “Your Phone App” on your computer.
We will also elaborate on the procedures and step-by-step guide to download the “Your Phone App” on your Windows PC so you can access your phone features.
Use https://aka.ms/yourpc to Link Windows PC and Phone
Normally, “Your Phone App” has already been installed as a default on your Windows PC. Using this program will make it possible for you to link your phone to your Windows PC with the usage of mobile applications right on your phone. Meanwhile, you can also have control of your PC by just using your phone.
If you have updated your operating system to a version of Windows 10 for the update of October 10, 2018, then there is a big chance that you already have this convenient app installed on your PC.
But if you can’t find the app on your Windows PC, then the reason might be because you haven’t updated your Windows operating system.
We will begin this guide by talking through the steps you need to take to install “Your Phone App” on your computer.
- The first thing that you need to do is to click on the “Start” button on the desktop of your Windows 10.
- Find the “Settings” menu and click on it.
- Click on the “Update Security” menu.
- Lastly, click on the option to “Check for Update”.
The system will automatically check for Windows operating system updates. If the system finds an update on the network, it will begin the downloading process. As a user, you will only need to allow the system to install those updates. When the process is finished, you will have “Your Phone App” installed on your computer.
Link Phone to Windows Using Your Phone
Here are the steps that you need to take when you need to link your phone to your Windows PC.
- The first thing you need to do is to click the “Start” button on the desktop.
- Find the icon of Microsoft Store. When the Microsoft App Store is open, use the search feature to find the app that you want.
- Find “Your Phone App” in the store and install it. Afterward, open the app and do the login process with your Microsoft Account.
- Open the app on your computer and click on the “Send Notification” option. This option will send a notification that is required to link both devices.
Video Tutorial Connect Your Android Phone To Windows 10
aka.ms/yourpc App Download for Android
- Open https://aka.ms/yourpc on your mobile browser. If you have a Samsung phone that is compatible, the link will redirect you to Microsoft Store so you can do the download process.
- Your phone will automatically open Google Play Store. Download and install “Your Phone Companion – Link To Windows PC”.
- On the store, click on the install button to start the installation
- Open the app, and you will find the “Sign In with Microsoft” button on the main page. You can also choose to log in with a QR code.
- After logging in to your Microsoft account, click the continue button.
- If you are asked for permission, choose “Allow”.
- Click “Allow” on the permission to send and view messages.
- Enable the permission to make phone calls.
- Enable the permission to access your contacts.
- Click continue to finish the setup process.
Android Phone Can Use Your Phone App to Link Phones to Windows
If you have a Samsung device, then there is a possibility that “Your Phone App” is already installed.
But you can also download “Your Phone App” from the Google Play Store. Please ensure that your device operating system is at least Android version 7.
If you are not sure about the version of your Android OS, there are also some steps that you can do to find out if “Your Phone App” is already installed on your device. This is to make sure that you can connect your Windows PC flawlessly.
- First, go to your phone “Settings”.
- Find the “System” menu.
- Click on the “About Phone” option.
- A new page will open and it will tell you the Android version that is installed on your phone.
From that page, you will be able to define if your Android device is using Android 7 or newer. Then, you can open https://aka.ms/yourpc and start the process of downloading “Your Phone App”.
Those are all the steps that you need to take at https://aka.ms/yourpc to download “Your Phone App” on the computer. If you can do them correctly, then you will be able to link your phone to your computer with no problem at all.