Are you a new user of Citibank credit card or debit card? If the answer is yes, then chance is you probably received the physical card just recently. Before the card is able to be used to purchase daily expenses, you need to complete the process of Citibank card activation first.
The activation procedure of these cards is not complicated at all. In fact, Citibank allows you to pick from several different options to do it.
The method options you may choose are including Citibank card activation via SMS, online, phone call, or Citi Mobile App. Simply pick the method that’s felt most convenient for you.
Regardless of your chosen option, the step-by-step guide for all the possible methods are going to be explained in this article. Find out about them in the following sections.
Citibank Credit Card Activate Requirements
- Citibank account user ID.
- Citibank account password.
- The number of your credit/debit card.
- Security code.
- The expiry date of your card.
- Required personal information, such as email address, phone number, and birthdate which are associated with your account.
By activating your Citibank credit or debit card, you will be able to redeem various benefits and rewards. These include cashback, special discounts, reward points, and other advantages that won’t be available if you perform transaction by cash.
As mentioned briefly in prior, there are different options of method to activate your Citibank card:
- Activation via text or SMS.
- Activation via online banking service.
- Activation via phone call.
- Activation via Citi mobile application.
Citibank Card Activation by SMS
Here are the steps to complete Citibank card activation procedure via text or SMS:
- Open text message menu in your phone, in which you’re going to send the SMS for activation via phone number.
- Type in the message in the format as follows: ACT<space><The last four digits of your Citibank credit/debit card number>.
- Send the activation message above with accurate information details to 6058.
- Wait until you receive a message back from Citibank that will inform about the successful activation of your credit or debit card.
Citibank Card Activation Online
- Using your desktop web browser or mobile internet browser, open the official Citibank online banking address at www.citibank.com.vn.
- Type in your online banking account’s password and user ID in the fields provided by the page.
- After you have successfully logged in, go to the ‘Service/My Profile’ menu.
- Select the menu of ‘Card Activation’ and then pick the credit or debit card that you want to activate at the moment.
Confirmation for Citibank card activation process:
- Wait until you receive notification from Citibank through SMS or email.
- Check if your card status has been changed through your online banking account.
Citibank Card Activation by Phone
If you prefer to complete Citibank card activation procedure via phone call rather than SMS or online banking, here are the steps you have to follow:
- Dial the phone call number of Citibank’s customer service team at 1860 210 2484.
- Listen the instruction through audio first, and then follow the correct steps to activate your card based on it.
- Input your card and personal information details as required.
- Select agree when you are provided with Term and Conditions of Citibank Card Services.
- Wait while your card is being activated for moments.
Citibank Card Activation by Citi Mobile App
Here are the steps to complete Citibank card activation procedure Citi mobile application:
- Download Citi Mobile app on your smartphone on your phone’s official app store or by visiting www.citibank.com.vn/download.
- Launch the app after it has been installed on your device.
- Log into your account.
- Wait until you receive notification through SMS or email after you have successfully logged in. Then check if your Citibank card’s status has been changed on the Citi Mobile application.
By following any of these four methods of Citibank card activation above, you may activate the card without having to visit the bank’s branch. Feel free to choose any method that’s easiest and most practical to do for you and start to use the card for your day-to-day spending.