Whether you are a credit card user that looks for plenty rewards of doing transactions on small businesses or avid airline miles customers, there’s at least one type of Capital One credit card that serves your needs just right. However, before you’re even able to use and enjoy its benefits, you have to perform Capital One card activation first.
Capital One Card is issued by American-based banking company Capital One Financial Corporation. This corporation is specialized in banking, credit cards, saving accounts, and auto loans. It has the main office located in McLean, Virginia, and primary market of business in the U.S. Capital One Financial Corporation is currently one of the largest U.S. banks which have major reputation for being focused in technology development.
Their credit cards are also known as some of the best in the industry. Not only the products have excellent quality, but they provide generous amounts of rewards as well. The wide variety of options makes them suitable for businessman, students, and even person with average to poor credit score.
Now, in order to complete the procedure of Capital One card activation, there are a few methods available to use.
This article will specifically focus on guiding you on how to perform the steps of activation via online banking and phone call. You will discover about the guide in the sections below – but first, read about the beneficial features you can get once you have activated the card.
Features of Capital One card Activation
- Perform bill payments automatically by using the available auto-pay feature.
- Use numbers of virtual card in order to ensure the security of your online activities.
- Be free from annual fees while maintaining good Annual Percentage Rate (APR).
- Connect 24/7 with the customer service team of Capital One.
- Have no worry to be charged with illegal activities if your card is stolen or lost.
- Lock your card instantly in case you experience theft or misplace the card.
Capital One Card Activation Requirements
- The account number of your Capital One credit card.
- Your active email address.
- The number of your SSN.
- The number of your TIN.
- The three digits of security code written on the back of your card.
Capital One Card Activation Online
Read and follow the provided steps of Capital One card activation via online banking below:
- Open the internet browser in your desktop computer or smartphone device.
- Visit the official web page address of Capital One card activation capitalone.com/activate.
- If you already had Capital One online banking account, select the menu that says ‘Sign In & Activate’. Otherwise, select the menu that says ‘Enroll & Activate’.
- If you haven’t had Capital One online banking account, then you need to complete the registration procedure after clicking ‘Enroll & Activate’ menu, by providing the required personal information and selecting your login credentials (password and username).
- Select ‘Login’ menu.
- Input your selected login credentials (username and password).
- After you have logged into your account, select ‘Activate Card’ menu.
- You will be provided with activation form. Input the three digits of security code on the back of your card, then click the menu that says ‘Activate the card’ to proceed with the activation process.
Capital One Card Activation By Phone
- As alternative to Capital One card activation via online banking account, you may complete it via phone call.
- Dial 1-800-655-5646 if you are located in Canada.
- Dial 1-800-678-7820 if you are located in the United States.
- Listen to the provided instructions through audio and then follow them accordingly.
- If your card isn’t activated yet, you may dial the Capital One’s phone number. It is provided on the activation sticker.
Once you have successfully performed the activation process, you’d be able to use it for everyday purchases straight away. In case you encounter any issue or difficulty when trying to activate the card, you may reach for Capital One’s customer service team via phone call at 1-800-227-4825.
- Capital One card activation official page: capitalone.com/activate.
- Capital One official homepage: www.capitalone.com.
- Capital One online banking official FAQ page: www.capitalone.com/online-banking-faq.
Two Capital One card activation methods above allow you to complete the activation procedure at any time and from anywhere. For further information about the card services, feel free to reach their customer service team via phone call or through the company’s official website address.