aka.ms/authapp – This article will explore the step-by-step guide on how to download and install the Microsoft Authenticator program. We will also guide you on how to use it to make your account safer.
The objective of using aka.ms/authapp is to remove the need for one-factor verification. This app will help you log into your account without sacrificing the safety of your details.
Another benefit of two-factor verification is to heighten the security of your account so your passwords will not be stolen or compromised. You can also access your account even if you have forgotten your password.
Meanwhile, if you use your phone for two-factor verification, then you will not have to worry about other people using your account without your authorization.
There are some different ways that you can do to use the Microsoft Authenticator program. They are:
- Two-factor verification. Using only your password for verification is the standard process, but it is not very secure. Using two-factor verification will require you to use your phone to receive a code that will be used for verification.
- Phone sign-in. This is another version of two-factor verification that will allow you to log in without having to enter your password. You will use your phone to get data, such as face imaging, PIN code, or fingerprint.
- Code generation. This method will use a generator to create a special code that can be used for the Microsoft Authenticator program.
aka.ms/authapp will work for any account regardless of the method that you choose for two-factor verification. It will also help with the OTP procedure.
Some organizations might also require you to use the Microsoft Authenticator program so you can log in and access your account on the database of that organization.
But your account will not be able to use the two-factor verification process if you haven’t finished the registration, even if you can see your username on the screen.
Download aka.ms/authapp Via Link https://aka.ms/authapp
If you want to download the Microsoft Authenticator program, there are two ways that you can do it. The first and the easiest one is to download the app from the App Store on your phone. Meanwhile, you can also contact customer service for the download link of the app. This guide will also give you step-by-step instructions for both methods.
Download Authenticator App at https://aka.ms/authapp
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the URL of aka.ms/authapp on your browser.
- On the main page, you will see the “Get The App” button.
- The next part is to choose your country from the drop-down list. You will also be required to submit your phone number. Proceed by clicking the “Send Link” button.
- You will receive the download link on your phone number. Open the link and proceed to download and then install the Authenticator program on your phone.
After you finish the installation process of the Microsoft Authenticator program, you will be able to use the app to generate the code whenever you need to log in.
Download Microsoft Authenticator App from App Store
- Open Google Play Store if you use an Android phone or App Store if you use an iPad or iPhone.
- On the search feature, type in “AKA MS Authenticator App“. After you find it, click on the install button.
- Wait for the download process to be finished and then proceed by installing the app.
After the installation process is finished, you can continue to set up the authentication for your account.
Download and Install the Microsoft Authenticator App
Using two-factor authentication by applying the aka.ms/authapp portal is a process that is comfortable, safe, and also very simple.
When you need to sign in to a Microsoft account, you will not need to submit your password anymore if you have set up the Authenticator. You will only need to use your phone to receive the notification and then approve the request.
To heighten the security of your account by doing two-step verification, you can also use your face ID, a special PIN code, or your fingerprint for the login process.
Logging in to your Microsoft account using two-factor verification will also grant you access to other Microsoft products, including Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Outlook, and many more.
Even if you choose to still use your password, Microsoft Authenticator can also be another layer of security to make sure that no strangers can access your account.
The process is also very simple. After you submit your password, the Microsoft Authenticator app will require you to add other details to prove that it’s really you.
With the notification sent to your phone, you can easily approve the login attempt as well as receiving an OTP generated by the app.
Normally, the OTP code can only be used in under 30 seconds. You will not need to memorize the number because the app will send a new code every time you try to log in.
You also don’t need to be always connected to a network just to receive the code. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about running out of data or running out of your battery.
To install the updated version of the Microsoft Authenticator app, the links that you can visit are:
- Google Android. Open Google Play Store and download and install the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- Apple iOS. Open the App Store, and download and install the Microsoft Authenticator App.
This is the end of this guide on how to download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app from aka.ms/authapp. Hopefully, this guide can help you in securing your Microsoft account.